My personal experience as a landlord
I started a portfolio of properties with my husband nine years ago. Together we saw the opportunity to invest in property which necessitated finding quality tenants. We decided to find our own tenants and have successfully let all our properties quickly and satisfactorily with minimal void periods. Nine years on we have never used a High Street agent.
- Cost effective - i.e. Tenant Find Fee for one bed flat £500
- Access to all major internet property portals Right Move, Find a Property etc
- Experienced agent with good local knowledge who is also a landlord
- No renewal fees
- Personal (speak to one person only – me!)
- Member of National Landlord’s Association and Residential Landlords’ Association
- Accredited member of London Landlord’s Association (attendee of Professional Development)
- Member of UKALA (United Kingdom Association of Letting Agents)
- Knowledgeable – i.e. Energy Performance Certificates, Gas Safety Certificates.
- Professional Tenant Referencing
- Access to appropriate agencies regarding tenant referencing
- Access to appropriate legal contract forms, i.e. Assured Shorthold Tenancy, Section 21, Section 8 etc.
See my Guide for Landlords